FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar

NEWS:
Pioneer DEX-P90RS

Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Head Unit Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coolwave
Level 1
Level 1

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Pioneer DEX-P90RS Reply with quote

Hi bros,

Would like to know more about the Pioneer DEX-P90RS and its equivalent alternatives. Any inputs?

1) What is the recommended price for this HU?
2) How long has it been in the market?
3) How different is it from ODRs?
4) RS-D7R11 how is this HU compared to the DEX-P90RS?

Await your kind inputs...thanks
yoongnc
Level 5
Level 5

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro,
I think you meant DEH-P90RS, not DEX-P90RS?

Extracted the Pioneer HU users, only bros below got P90:

5. A4checkmate [DEH-P90RS 3 way active]
11. jpgyip [DEH-P90RS 3way active]
16. Gray [DEH-P90RS 3way active]
17. acetrader [DEH-P90RS still in my house]

Hope they can help advise you.

yoong
| Marantz CD6000OSE | Cambridge Audio DacMagic1 DAC | Cambridge Audio C500-P500 Pre/Power Amp Combo | Eltax LR6.5 Floor Spk | IXOS 104 Digital | Audioquest Quartz3 RCA | QED Silver Anni. Spk Wire |
Coolwave
Level 1
Level 1

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Dex-P90RS Reply with quote

Thanks Yoongnc,

I think this website may clarify the model code
http://www.carsounds.com.sg/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=10

Btw, anyone using Alpine IVA-W202E with 701 processor?

Considering this option as the cost adds up to almost the same as P90RS alone. Thanks

I know the 502 is the new model that many are raving about. Do i need the 701 processor to go with the 502?

How would your rate in terms of
1) sound quality and userfriendliness?
2) Value for $?

Thanks v much Smile
wankie
Level 8
Level 8

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Dex-P90RS Reply with quote

Coolwave wrote:
Thanks Yoongnc,

I think this website may clarify the model code
http://www.carsounds.com.sg/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=10

Btw, anyone using Alpine IVA-W202E with 701 processor?

Considering this option as the cost adds up to almost the same as P90RS alone. Thanks

I know the 502 is the new model that many are raving about. Do i need the 701 processor to go with the 502?

2) Value for $?

Thanks v much Smile

almost every other person is using 202 / 701 combo Laughing Laughing its very popular.... i think the cost is a bit less than the p90.... you might want to check around again. 202 has an interface to the 701 so you don't need to get the controller.

i will kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer -- Homer Simpson
spinworkx

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musically, i believe the P90 has the potential to sound better than the W202+701 simply because it's a pure CD player.
However, the W202+701 is cheaper and well, you can play DVD so you get more for less although if given a choice for me, i'd get the P90...but that's me la.
HU:Pioneer P80 RSII|Speaker:Ground Zero Uranium GZUC 165X|Amp:Ground Zero Uranium GZUA 4125SQ
Home HiFi
CD: Marantz CD5001 | Amp: Marantz PM5003
Speakers: Morel Supremo/Elate Bookshelf
dunnounme

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Dex-P90RS Reply with quote

Coolwave wrote:

2) Value for $?

Thanks v much Smile

202/502 will have to go with the H701 if you want to go active. 202/502 are DVD HU, which does not support active setup by itself.

In terms of pure musicality, the P90 should be better. Like what bro spinworkx said, it's a pure CD deck.

Do drop by the meetup tonight if you want to audit my setup. I'll be there only tonight, won't be going for Friday's meetup.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Aftermarket_C5/I.C.E._F4/ICE_Meetup_Wed_Jun_11h_and_Fri_13th_at_AMK_Ave_1_Blk_332_from_9pm._P2400485/
ICE: VW RNS-510 HU | Audio Control LC8i | Alpine PXA-H701 + C701 | DLS Iridium Tweeters and UP2.5 Highmids + Seas Lotus Ref Midbass (3-way Active) | Zed Audio Leviathan III | JL Audio 12W3v2-D4 Sub | Rockford P300.1 Monoblock | UPOCC Cables

Home Audio: Usher CD-1 | Pop Pulse T-Amp | Travagans 3" Full Range | Silver plated Military Spec speaker cables | Maruni I/C
Home Theatre: LG LH-T7652SB
kyheng
Level 9
Level 9

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the points I will consider before I getting a new HU:
how many ways you want? 2-way,3-way
songs that you listen(Mp3, CD.....)
watch DVD movie?
Budget(the most important to consider about)
P90 combo can only play CD, nothing much unless you add a XDV-P650+ monitor
W202/502+H701 can offer you all the above and way cheaper than P90 combo
I won't say P90 combo will sound better than W202/502 combo as we have to see other equipments also, example:
1. HU combo + Lightning Audio Bolt amp + speakers
2. HU combo + JL Audio amp + speakers
If using the above benchmark, for sure 2. will sound better.
Coolwave
Level 1
Level 1

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dex-P90RS Reply with quote

dunnounme wrote:
Coolwave wrote:

2) Value for $?

Thanks v much Smile

202/502 will have to go with the H701 if you want to go active. 202/502 are DVD HU, which does not support active setup by itself.

In terms of pure musicality, the P90 should be better. Like what bro spinworkx said, it's a pure CD deck.

Do drop by the meetup tonight if you want to audit my setup. I'll be there only tonight, won't be going for Friday's meetup.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Aftermarket_C5/I.C.E._F4/ICE_Meetup_Wed_Jun_11h_and_Fri_13th_at_AMK_Ave_1_Blk_332_from_9pm._P2400485/

Thanks bro,

Much delighted to know how forthcoming you guys are to share info and offer total strangers and newbie like me the prvilege to "audit" if i'm all that qualified,your systems.

Sadly, I'll only be able to attend Friday's meeting at best as this notice came a tad too late.

See you soon in future meet ups
Coolwave
Level 1
Level 1

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyheng wrote:
Some of the points I will consider before I getting a new HU:
how many ways you want? 2-way,3-way
songs that you listen(Mp3, CD.....)
watch DVD movie?
Budget(the most important to consider about)
P90 combo can only play CD, nothing much unless you add a XDV-P650+ monitor
W202/502+H701 can offer you all the above and way cheaper than P90 combo
I won't say P90 combo will sound better than W202/502 combo as we have to see other equipments also, example:
1. HU combo + Lightning Audio Bolt amp + speakers
2. HU combo + JL Audio amp + speakers
If using the above benchmark, for sure 2. will sound better.

Thanks bro for your inputs as well.

As a newbie, I know I may be having lofty expectations to consider such upmarket models and may even risk not appreciating it at all.

I was taking the slow and steady approach to appreciate different stages of ICE setup only to realise that this process may end up costing more with every stage of upgrade and resale I go through from fellow ICE buddies I've met. Thus I decided to cut the process by going straight to 3 way. Perhaps passive first then active not long after I have appreciated the former.

I currently have a two way passive system and to be fair,I cannot really find fault with it other than the insatiable craving to have more impressive set ups. Other nitty gritty issues are perhaps best discussed in person or via pm.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I gather that it makes more sense,greater versatility of functions,value for $ to have a W202 or W502 to start with my passive three way then add the 701 to go active.

Lets see if I can weave my way to meet up with you guys this fri and chat further..regards
BobcatSysOp

:

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolwave wrote:
Thanks bro,

Much delighted to know how forthcoming you guys are to share info and offer total strangers and newbie like me the prvilege to "audit" if i'm all that qualified,your systems.

Coolwave wrote:

Thanks bro for your inputs as well.

As a newbie, I know I may be having lofty expectations to consider such upmarket models and may even risk not appreciating it at all.

I was taking the slow and steady approach to appreciate different stages of ICE setup only to realise that this process may end up costing more with every stage of upgrade and resale I go through from fellow ICE buddies I've met. Thus I decided to cut the process by going straight to 3 way. Perhaps passive first then active not long after I have appreciated the former.

I currently have a two way passive system and to be fair,I cannot really find fault with it other than the insatiable craving to have more impressive set ups. Other nitty gritty issues are perhaps best discussed in person or via pm.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I gather that it makes more sense,greater versatility of functions,value for $ to have a W202 or W502 to start with my passive three way then add the 701 to go active.

Lets see if I can weave my way to meet up with you guys this fri and chat further..regards

This Friday ICE MU is still on. Are you coming?
http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Aftermarket_C5/I.C.E._F4/gforum.cgi?post=2400485;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=last;#last
aka Bob|Latio May08|ICE:Apr06|Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2-way active|MP7 Series|Steg K24 x 2|Sub 10in GZUW_10|Steg QM120.2X|Raion RCA|TchernovAudio Power Cables 4awg DC power|Shok Ref 12awg Speaker Cables FW12|1xEz-Stab|2xHelix33 Baby Cap
Home entry level:NAD521BEE CDP|AVR Onkyo HT-R340|Pioneer S-D7 3-way|Onkyo Sub SKW-360|Monster Interlink 250|Speaker cables: Silver Coated strip blue AWG12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coolwave
Level 1
Level 1

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Fri 13 Meet up at AMK Reply with quote

Lets see if I can weave my way to meet up with you guys this fri and chat further..regards[/quote]

This Friday ICE MU is still on. Are you coming?
http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Aftermarket_C5/I.C.E._F4/gforum.cgi?post=2400485;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=last;#last[/quote]

Hi Uncle Bob,

Sorry I could not make it. When is the next meet up?

How was the last two meet ups? Wed and Fri?

Here's some questions: I noticed ICE enthusiasts hardly use rear sepakers, why is that so? Typical reply has to do with staging,imaging, screws up TA etc.

1) Does it mean one does not know how to appreciate true ICE if he installs rear speakers for that surround sound feel?

2) Also, with DVD decks which are meant for watching DVDs etc, would it not defeat its purpose without the rear feel?

3) Preamps - are they necessary or just an old school device? I have heard cars with and without preamps and seems that those with preamps tend to be more user friendly and have punchier tones. Is it an overkill to have Preamps even if you have say a 701 processor, (technically can it still be done?) Is it true that preamps have a tendency to cause "aeroplane sound?"

4) Was told that with the 202/701 combo, in order to go Active,I need to make compromises with my two four channel amp plus rear speaker setup in order to split the channels for the three-way front speakers and yet support the rear two-way.This configuration though workable is deemed to be a "compromise." Please advise.Sounds messy huh? I guess I am a "work-in-progress newbie" hahaha Thanks.

Quite a mouthful for now ... Wink Arrow Laughing
BobcatSysOp

:

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Fri 13 Meet up at AMK Reply with quote

Coolwave wrote:

Hi Uncle Bob,
Sorry I could not make it. When is the next meet up?
How was the last two meet ups? Wed and Fri?

For those who attended the last 2 meetups, they are the only ones who knows how the meetup goes. Coz it's individual as that depends on what they want to learn, to know, or to achieve something when they are there during meetups.

WEDNESDAY ICE Meetup at AMK Ave 1 Blk 332 from 9pm.
Date: Wed 11th Jun, 2008
Time: from 9pm
Those in attendance tonight.
1. BobcatSysOp aka Bob (b4 9pm)
2. Blueben aka Benny (abt 9plus)
3. Spinworkx aka Roy (b4 9pm)
4. harveynorman aka Harvey
5. dunnounme aka Derrick
6. slidingturtle aka Ivan
7. bearbear1494 aka Jonathan (9pm)
8. Dalu2go aka Dave (abt 9.30pm)
9. Wankie aka Thomas (after 9pm)
10. Keisukie aka Jonathan
11. Teri_77 aka Terry
12. zigzagsok aka Gerald
13. Slonez aka Andrew
14. Shooter aka Eric
15. Chia
16. Mitsubishi aka Loo
17. River aka Ken
18. Jeffteng aka Jeffrey
19. Boring aka Gary

FRIDAY ICE Meetup at AMK Ave 1 Blk 332 from 9pm.
Date: Fri 13th Jun, 2008
Time: from 9pm
Those who attendanced:
1. BobcatSysOp aka Bob
2. Punkeyboozter aka Trevor
3. harveynorman aka Harvey
4. Zee aka Ramsey (about 9plus)
5. Keisukie aka Jonathan (abt 9pm)
6. Chia (9pm)
7. Wankie aka Thomas
8. Boring aka Gary
9. Musicexpression aka Lee (about 9pm) - new
10. Penfolds aka Whye Keet (abt 10plus) - new
11. Kaizen005 aka Robin (abt 10pm)
12. Teri_77 aka Terry
13. Tsong Chye aka Chris Tan
14. Shooter aka Eric
15. Drumstick aka Win
16. Pitbull aka David
17. Dunno aka dunnounme aka Derrick
Click here for the beautiful wonderful CD we listened to just now at the ICE meetup under this thread:
Albums we listened to during ICE meetups. http://www.phpbbserver.com/sgcaraudio/viewtopic.php?t=445&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&mforum=sgcaraudio

Coolwave wrote:
Here's some questions: I noticed ICE enthusiasts hardly use rear sepakers, why is that so? Typical reply has to do with staging,imaging, screws up TA etc.
etc.. etc..
Quite a mouthful for now ... Wink Arrow Laughing

These mouthful of questions are easily answered when you are there at the meetups. In fact, you already got answers to most of your own questions already unless you hear it for yourself to experience it to be convinced.

We meet 2 times a week, every Wednesday and Friday at the same venue and time. Check out the mycarforum ICE thread for details of announcement of ICE meetup. http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Aftermarket_C5/I.C.E._F4/
aka Bob|Latio May08|ICE:Apr06|Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2-way active|MP7 Series|Steg K24 x 2|Sub 10in GZUW_10|Steg QM120.2X|Raion RCA|TchernovAudio Power Cables 4awg DC power|Shok Ref 12awg Speaker Cables FW12|1xEz-Stab|2xHelix33 Baby Cap
Home entry level:NAD521BEE CDP|AVR Onkyo HT-R340|Pioneer S-D7 3-way|Onkyo Sub SKW-360|Monster Interlink 250|Speaker cables: Silver Coated strip blue AWG12
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Coolwave
Level 1
Level 1

:

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Fri 13 Meet up at AMK Reply with quote

BobcatSysOp wrote:
These mouthful of questions are easily answered when you are there at the meetups. In fact, you already got answers to most of your own questions already unless you hear it for yourself to experience it to be convinced.

We meet 2 times a week, every Wednesday and Friday at the same venue and time. Check out the mycarforum ICE thread for details of announcement of ICE meetup. http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Aftermarket_C5/I.C.E._F4/

Thanks uncle Bob,

Kinda saw this reply coming... Wink Looking forward to the next meet up...will sound you out if I can make it. Sorry to sound like a radio with bad reception playing the same track... haha gives threading on thin ICE a new meaning ....if I have...Happy Icing to all..G'bless. Smile
nautilus
Level 3
Level 3

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinworkx wrote:
Musically, i believe the P90 has the potential to sound better than the W202+701 simply because it's a pure CD player.
However, the W202+701 is cheaper and well, you can play DVD so you get more for less although if given a choice for me, i'd get the P90...but that's me la.

Totally agree. Cool hug
nautilus
Level 3
Level 3

:

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Pioneer DEX-P90RS Reply with quote

Coolwave wrote:
Hi bros,

Would like to know more about the Pioneer DEX-P90RS and its equivalent alternatives. Any inputs?

1) What is the recommended price for this HU?
2) How long has it been in the market?
3) How different is it from ODRs?
4) RS-D7R11 how is this HU compared to the DEX-P90RS?

Await your kind inputs...thanks

Be very careful what you are in for. rlp_smilie_003
jevy_ramos
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who have a user manual of dex p90?thanks
BobcatSysOp

:

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jevy_ramos wrote:
Who have a user manual of dex p90?thanks

Hi Jevy,
I remembered you came to our ICE meetup 25 Sept 2009 with schuey_1 aka RJ from US/Manila and Jess. You can download the manual from the fictitious link below. It is for the p90 owners manual.
http://www.pioneer-latin.com/downloads/crb1999a.pdf
Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Head Unit Discussion All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: