Register FAQ Memberlist Search ABC Ontario Bright and Intellectually Gifted Children Message Board Forum Index                  Calendar

NEWS:
ABC Ontario Bright and Intellectually Gifted Children Message Board Forum Index » HOW TO JOIN THE ABC MESSAGE BOARD! » Instructions for joining the ABC Message Board
Instructions for joining the ABC Message Board
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
-KathyO

:

Items

Welcome! If you have a bright or gifted child, and are looking for information or conversation about giftedness, school programs, and living with these interesting kids, you've come to the right place! This is a group of parents who enjoy sharing information and stories, discussing situations and ideas, and virtually "hanging out" with other parents simply "get it."

HOW TO JOIN. Two steps.

Step 1) Reg ister onli ne here, by clicking on the "Register" section up above (under the ABC block logo). This CREATES your message board account. If you are already a member of the ABC website (which has a separate registration) it is usually simplest to use the same username.

Step 2) Send an email to the forum adminstrator (CentralBoard@abcontario.ca) explaining briefly why you are interested in joining the board. A couple of sentences about your situation and your reasons for being interested is sufficient! You MUST include your username from Step 1 so that I know which account is yours! I will then manually ACTIVATE your account. It's helpful if the subject line is "ABC Forum Membership."

The two stage process has some drawbacks, and means that your ability to start participating in the message board is delayed until I have a chance to manually activate your account. The advantage is that it keeps the spammers out - and our forum is generally free of the nasty intrustions that have taken over some other message boards.

Last edited by -KathyO on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Remember to include your username
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
-KathyO

:

Items

Remember that once you have registered, sending the email that alerts me to activate your account ONLY works if you tell me your username, so I know which account to activate! Leaving out this crucial bit of information will result in delays while I email you to ask what your username is.

[email=CentralBoard@abcontario.ca]ABC Forum membership - my username is ______[/email]

Last edited by -KathyO on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:58 am Reply with quote
-KathyO

:

Items

Note - this group is NOT restricted to families of identified kids! You are welcome if you are trying to find information or share experiences dealing with bright kids, including those not yet tested and those families who choose not to get identified and those who missed the cut-off but still share characteristics associated with giftedness.

Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
-KathyO

:

Items

Please send an email, as instructed, rather than within-system PMs.
Thanks!

include your username!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
-KathyO

:

Items

Please remember to include your username! I can only activate accounts by username, so if you don't include one you'll just get an email asking for your username, which will delay your approval until the next day I do membership activations.

Instructions for joining the ABC Message Board
  ABC Ontario Bright and Intellectually Gifted Children Message Board Forum Index » HOW TO JOIN THE ABC MESSAGE BOARD!